Challenges and Solutions
Products and requirements are continuously changing in order to meet consumer demands, production changes and sourcing challenges. Maintaining current, accurate product specification and costing data is a difficult task, especially for global organizations with suppliers located around the world. With an increase in demand for specific styles and products, companies are facing a variety of product development complexities, resulting in longer than desired time to market.
Today, companies are relying heavily on manually intensive processes to manage product development and communication with their trading partners. Exporting and consolidating important data from spreadsheets and emails is time consuming and tedious. To make a measurable impact on top and bottom lines, companies need to implement proactive strategies to collaborate earlier in the product development lifecycle with a greater focus on rapid product design, collaboration and delivery.
Our Product Development solution provides the ability to:
- Better leverage enterprise data for improved decision making related to product development, material selection, costing and supplier selection
- Ensure that companies track every step of the process and gain access to proactive alerts to potential problems
- Build out the Bill of Materials (BOM) with specification management capabilities, manage trim and packaging, and construct product descriptions and detailed instructions
- Unify critical product, cost and supplier information to accurately estimate and compare actual, estimated and supplier suggested cost sheet
Supply Chain Collaboration
Today, supply chain collaboration between buyers and their overseas vendors is usually conducted with an unending merry-go-round of Excel documents, emails, last minute changes and zero visibility into the real-time status of orders and shipments.
We change that by providing a cloud-based platform that all parties access across the supply chain.
“Automated solutions can improve fragmented and error-prone processes to control buy-side costs, define pricing policies, and prepare and deliver differentiated customer proposals.”
RELATED BLOG POSTS
- Webinar Recap: Vera Bradley Shares Its Amber Road Experience
- Testing Tinkertoys, Tonka Trucks, Teddy Bears, and Toy Chests: New ASTM Criteria Unifies Global Standards
- Quality is Stitched into the Supply Chain: A Vera Bradley Case Study
- Forced Labor: Passé or Probable?
- How to Unlock Value from Interconnecting Product Lifecycle Management and Supply Chain Teams