Challenges and Solutions
The appeal of sourcing low cost goods from foreign markets and balancing supplier risk has bolstered imports around the world. Along with these advantages, however, come a host of challenges. Importers must comply with complex country-specific trade regulations, calculate variable duties, taxes and fees, and manage related logistics challenges.
The nature of global trade makes it nearly impossible to manage imports manually, even for smaller and mid-size companies. Amber Road's Import Management solution automates import activities and provides critical information for decision-makers, including the data needed to measure key performance indicators.
Amber Road's Import Management solution allows importers to adopt best-practice trade processes on a global level, have a centralized view of import compliance, and manage a diverse product portfolio.
Our Import Management solution provides the ability to:
- Perform vital compliance, import control, and business rules validations for each line item
- Facilitate communication between parties throughout the entire purchase order and shipment process
- Glean information from available sources and consolidates it into a pre-Customs entry for efficient transmission to the broker
- Ensure there are no surprises and no missing information when the shipment reaches Customs - dramatically reducing cycle times
- Accurately track, manage and report on all cross-border duties, taxes and fees
Conducting global trade is enormously complex due to regulatory controls and reporting requirements. Companies must stay in compliance.
Amber Road’s solutions automate all compliance functions. Our solution performs restricted party screening against blacklists, determines import and export license requirements, generates shipping documents to file with government agencies and creates a complete audit trail.
“By implementing an integrated international purchasing system, we are maximizing our efforts to conduct our international procurement activities in a compliant manner.”
Leggett & Platt Global Services
Slash broker fees by
Mitigate customs audits by
Tyco Security: Customer Testimonial
Vice President of International Trade Compliance at Tyco Security discusses how Amber Road's global management solutions enable its supply chain to stay optimized.
RELATED BLOG POSTS
- Polaris Conquers Future Challenges in Digitization, Globalization, and Scalability
- Wall Street Journal: Brace Yourselves... Changes Are Coming!
- Missing the CBP Trade Symposium? We Have You Covered!
- 2017 WCO Harmonized System Changes Infographic
- Webinar Q&A: Customs Valuation Essentials for Importing