Challenges and Solutions
As companies continue to look to foreign markets as a means to grow top line revenues, exports have boomed. Unfortunately, with more customers spread across more geographies, the export compliance challenge has mushroomed, and so has the risk of regulatory violations. Many exporters struggle to effectively screen potential customers against restricted party lists, determine license requirements, perform export compliance checks, and generate international trade documents.
Export compliance can be tedious and complicated work, especially since government rules and regulations are constantly changing for cross border shipments. For companies that perform this job manually, the task can be overwhelming. By automating the process, companies find they can reduce export compliance risks and improve export efficiencies.
Our Export Management solution provides the ability to:
- Automate the necessary export compliance checks and transactional functions including country controls, restricted party screening (RPS), license determination and tracking, document generation, and filing
- Perform a comprehensive export compliance review process that draws on our extensive body of trade content – Global Knowledge®
- Individually validate every line of a sales order against the regulations of the countries involved, using a configurable and comprehensive set of validation rules
- Promote compliant and efficient export trade processes with audit trails and management reporting, reducing the risks and costs associated with exporting goods
Conducting global trade is enormously complex due to regulatory controls and reporting requirements. Companies must stay in compliance.
Amber Road’s solutions automate all compliance functions. Our solution performs restricted party screening against blacklists, determines import and export license requirements, generates shipping documents to file with government agencies and creates a complete audit trail.
“We needed an efficient way to streamline export processes. Amber Road offered an easy-to-use, cost-effective solution that automates our shipments and ensures compliance with all export regulations.”
Vice President of Supply Chain
Shrink cycle and
lead times by
Tyco Security: Customer Testimonial
Vice President of International Trade Compliance at Tyco Security discusses how Amber Road's global management solutions enable its supply chain to stay optimized.
RELATED BLOG POSTS
- How to Automate Export Compliance – Register for Five-Part Webinar Series
- Export Control Violation Leads to Billion Dollar Penalty
- American Shipper's 2017 GTM Landscape Report: Changing Trade Winds
- Let Sleeping Dogs Lie: Are You Ready for REX?
- Wall Street Journal: Brace Yourselves... Changes Are Coming!