|Survey Configuration||Develop a comprehensive repository of questions and predefined answers, then group questions and manage assignment rules to configure an end-use survey|
|Create surveys for completion by internal users based on input from customers and vendors regarding end use|
|End-Use Statements||Dynamically generate end-use statements based on the results of critical country screening, restricted party screening and all associated questions in the survey|
|Generate PDFs for quick printing or easy distribution via email|
Issues and Challenges
Although it is difficult to guarantee what happens to controlled items after they leave the exporting country, companies that manufacture and export licensable goods must employ their best efforts to determine that the ultimate consignee and/or purchaser intend to use the product in an approved manner. Determining end-use is critical in cases where an item that is exported could be used for both military and civilian purposes.
End-use surveys can help determine if an intended use is in compliance with export regulations by asking questions based on the product, origin, and destination. For most companies today, this is largely a manual process that is difficult to administer, especially across a global enterprise.
- Collecting information from all associated trade partners and integrating it with compliance and supply chain operations
- Ensuring end-use questionnaires are completed on a consistent basis
- Storing, managing, and retrieving responses to particular questions
- Determining significance and corrective actions based on the responses
- Maintaining the information and recertifying as required by internal policies
How Amber Road Can Help
Amber Road's questionnaire functionality generates end-use surveys for the parties involved in a transaction. The process can be managed centrally and distributed to all employees that must interact with customers, suppliers, or contractors of third party companies.
Conducting global trade is enormously complex due to regulatory controls and reporting requirements. Companies must stay in compliance.
Amber Road’s solutions automate all compliance functions. Our solution performs restricted party screening against blacklists, determines import and export license requirements, generates shipping documents to file with government agencies and creates a complete audit trail.
“We needed an efficient way to streamline export processes. Amber Road offered an easy-to-use, cost-effective solution that automates our shipments and ensures compliance with all export regulations.”
Vice President of Supply Chain
RELATED BLOG POSTS
- How to Automate Export Compliance – Register for Five-Part Webinar Series
- Export Control Violation Leads to Billion Dollar Penalty
- American Shipper's 2017 GTM Landscape Report: Changing Trade Winds
- Let Sleeping Dogs Lie: Are You Ready for REX?
- Wall Street Journal: Brace Yourselves... Changes Are Coming!