Amber Road Inc., the leading provider of Global Trade Management Software solutions, is further expanding its European operations. Our solutions support the international trade affairs and businesses of large multinational enterprises with complex supply chain processes and a global presence.
With offices in the U.K. Germany, Switzerland and the Netherlands, Amber Road is continuously expanding their business activities across Europe.
Our European client base includes such leading and diverse Companies as Siemens, Nike, Infineon, ABB, Michelin and DSM.
As a result of increased growth we are looking to appoint a Solution Consultant to join the European team.
The Amber Road’s Solution Consultant’s primary responsibility is to work as a key contributor in supporting the sales team through our sales engagement methodology – which focuses on achieving significant business value for our Clients through our GTM solutions.
- Conduct discovery sessions with Clients to understand existing processes, their cost and value to the business
- Creating and developing business cases for the sales team
- Maintain an awareness of the GTM domain, current economic and political issues that affect Global Trade
- Understand the competitive landscape and how Amber Road is positioned
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs and RFPs
- Development and delivery of product presentations and demonstrations
- Convey customer requirements to Product Management and Marketing
- Aid in the ongoing development of business case and return on investment programs
- Contribute in best practice sharing and collaboration within the wider team
- Transition account to Global Professional Services to ensure successful delivery and Client success
The Solution Consultant is expected to have an appropriate degree in Business and / or Computer Science and 5 or more years of overall enterprise software experience across Europe. Typical skills required include a combination of consulting, technical, and sales skills.
Demonstrable skills and ability in the following areas are required.
- Business skills
- Strong business experience with at least 2 years in sales, pre-sales, consulting or professional services function delivering at C-Level
- Ability to write, develop and deliver client documentation i.e. demonstration material, service propositions, RFI’s, RFP’s, translation of client requirements to departmental materials etc.
- A track record in delivering RoI and Value based support to sales cycles
- An understanding of Company financial metrics to be able to position and calculate Return on Investment programs
- A track record in working with large complex organisations
- Experience in business process design
- Global Trade Management
- Prior experience with GTM and GTM applications is preferred
- GTM includes such areas as:
- Sanctions / Embargoes
- Compliance initiatives
- Supply chain
- Specific experience working in the field of complex international organisation’s is mandatory
- Technical skills expected:
- MS Word Excel and PowerPoint to an advanced level
- EDI / XML – basic understanding of the concepts is a must
- Relational Databases
- Specific knowledge of Oracle and SQL is a plus
- Specific knowledge of Java is a plus
- Experience with integration tools and concepts is a plus
- Enterprise Applications
- Specific knowledge of SAP or Oracle Applications is a plus
Personal skills required
- Able to present to ‘C’ level executives
- Ability to identify and present solutions to problems – strong problem solving mentality
- Able to adapt to an ever changing environment while being able to remain focused and not lose sight of strategic goals
- Mother tongue and one other European language (German a plus)
- Strong written skills
- Highly motivated and able to operate in a small team, dynamic environment
- Ability to travel around 50% is required
Note: During the interview process, the candidate will be expected to walk through examples of complex, solution based sales for multinational customers – where the candidate has contributed to a successful close and value has been established.
Amber Road Europe is offering
You will be part of a highly motivated, multinational team with the potential of active participation as the business develops in Europe. Our global customer base gives you the opportunity to travel throughout Europe and work with a variety of multinational household names.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits based on experience and location.
+44 (0)7796 147926